Walk or run with your friends, family, club or corporate team, and help change the lives of Bay Area youth in need. Costumes encouraged in the spirit of Halloween.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area invites you to be a part of our 4th Annual Walk for Kids’ Sake. This year’s walk will be held in Oakland for the first time, to proudly spotlight and engage the East Bay community. Join us for a 5K fun run or pleasant 3-mile walk around Oakland’s beautiful Lake Merritt followed by a lakeside festival celebrating the East Bay, to benefit at-risk youth. All proceeds will support Big Brothers Big Sisters mission to provide 1-to-1 mentorship programs to children facing adversity, to change their lives for the better, forever.
Click here for event details and registration
Ways To Participate
All proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area programs for at-risk youth.
- Run or Walk: Registration $40 per person. Includes t-shirt and participant bib.
- Organize a team: Registration discounted $35 per person for teams of 3 or more. Includes t-shirt, bib plus swag bag.
- Fundraise for the Cause and VIP Benefits: Create an individual or team fundraising page with our easy platform, invite your network to donate, and get discounted registration fees, plus VIP breakfast and lunch, special benefits such as a lakeside team cabana, and chances to win exclusive awards and prizes.
- Become a Corporate Sponsor or Nonprofit Partner: Sponsorships start at $1,000 and include benefits such as your logo on race tshirts and a booth at the post-race festival. Nonprofit partners are offered booth space and branding in exchange for publicity or in-kind support. Details below.
- Bring The Food & Fun: Add your spark to the post-race festival with food, beverages, entertainment or activities.
Become an event sponsor - click here for more information
The Big Dream Vacation Raffle
One lucky winner will get their choice of a dream vacation at one of several luxurious destinations, complete with airfare, luxury lodging and a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Raffle tickets are $20 each or 3 for $50.
TWO WAYS TO EARN FREE ENTRIES!
- Register to walk or run by September 30th and you'll get one free entry.
- Set up a fundraising page and for every $50 you raise, you'll get another entry.
Register by September 30th and get a free entry to the Big Dream Vacation Raffle to your choice of several luxurious destinations. Raffle tickets are regularly $20 each or 3 for $50.
Deadline to Register a Team
Deadline to Register Individual
Friday, October 20th | 5:00pm
Participant Packet Pickup
Monday, October 16th through Friday, October 20th, 12pm to 5pm
Pick up your registration packet with t-shirt and participant number bib at the Big Brothers Big Sisters Oakland Office at 825 Washington Street, Oakland
The Start and Finish Lines and Post-Race Festival will be at Lake Merritt Amphitheatre on Lake Merritt Blvd, between 12th Street and 1st Ave.The 5K course will be on paved path around the lake perimeter.