Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area is a dynamic mentoring agency that provides Bay Area youth with professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships. We are seeking a full-time Match Support Specialist to support a caseload of "matches" between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 6 through 18. This position has the primary responsibility of monitoring the match relationship and checking-in with all parties to maintain the highest of child safety standards and with helping to promote a long-term and impactful relationship. If you want to work alongside a great group of co-workers in a professional, yet relaxed, agency environment, then please read below on how to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Match Support Specialist provides match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBSBA on the part of volunteers.
- Continually assesses the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction.
- Assesses and provides information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Exhibits high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge throughout all aspects of the Match Support position.
- Ensures quality services and measurable outcomes, maintaining accurate and timely records for each match.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences (or related field) required
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) required
- Assessment and relationship development experience with child and adult populations, including an understanding of child development and family dynamics
- Previous experience with child and/or adult relationship dynamics; professional familiarity with child development issues; family function/dysfunction; and interpersonal communication a plus
- The candidate selected for this position must successfully pass a background check
- Proficiency in technical areas such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone
- Ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction
- Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating
- Ability to relate well in cross-cultural environments
- Ability to use time effectively, focus on details, adapt to shifting priorities, and position and promote opportunities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other staff and community partners
- Able to use time effectively and work independently
- Comfortable with high performance standards
This is a permanent, full time position with a starting salary of $40K, a great benefit package including health, vision and dental, flexible daytime hours, and occasional evening and weekend hours. The position is based in our San Francisco office, though may require occasional travel within our 5 county region.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter addressing your interest and experience relevant to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, we will only respond to candidates who are under consideration. No phone calls, please. BBBS of the Bay Area is an equal opportunity employer.