HUMAN RESOURCES & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area (BBBSBA) seeks a Human Resources and Operations Manager to support developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, and provide guidance and strategy for business and workplace operations. Additionally, they will participate in the development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements, assist in administering benefits, compensation, develop employee performance programs and manage training.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will work with consultants and contractors who support HR and office management.
Essential duties and responsibilities (in priority order):
- Provide effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience and retention.
- Lead our DEI and JEDI culture initiatives with staff, Board, and volunteers in alignment with our National programming.
- In collaboration with contractors and consultants, lead payroll processing, including; bi-weekly and semi-monthly updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes
- The HR and Operations Manager will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, training and development, and compensation and benefits.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
- Manage Office operations, moves, supplies and other duties as it relates to office space and management and employee experience in the office.
Education & related work experience:
- Minimum & preferred educational requirements necessary to perform this job successfully: Bachelor’s Degree and additional HR-specific training or experience
- Minimum & preferred related work experience necessary to perform this job successfully: 3-4 years of demonstrated success in an HR department
- Experience and knowledge of DEI best practices and training are a plus.
Skills & knowledge:
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal skills, and collaborative attitude, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Strong communication skills with demonstrable ability to write effectively, speak persuasively, and listen attentively,
- Organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and to represent the organization with a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Use personal vehicle to travel across multi-county service area, with primary work in/around Bay Area.
- Minimal physical requirements: walking, standing, sitting at workstation; normal office environment.
Location: Bay Area, CA.
Reports to: CEO
Number of People Supervised: 0
Salary: $70,000 – 80,000 Depending on Experience
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you would be a terrific addition to our team. Please include Chief Program & Impact Officer in the subject line and email the resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
***Submissions sent without a cover letter will not be considered***