Video calls to provide support and lend an understanding ear. Dropping off care packages of sweet treats to their front door.
These are just a few of the ways our Bigs continue to support their Littles and families during this time. We know that mentors are anchors of support in a time of anxiety and uncertainty, and that is what the children in our communities need right now.
Our Bigs and Littles relationships endure. BBBSBA staff is adapting and creating new matches virtually. We know during this unprecedented moment in history, our children need us now more than ever, so our mission continues.
Many of you have asked, “How can I help?” and for that, we say Thank You!
You may have read about the CARES Act and how it impacts charitable giving. The CARES Act offers a generous new tax benefit to people like you to help support the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The CARES Act includes a new $300 ‘nonitemizer’ tax deduction for 2020.
- All eligible donations made in 2020 will go toward this deduction, up to $300 in total.
- You are eligible for this deduction even if you do not itemize your taxes.
- This means that when you donate to BBBSBA, you will be eligible to receive a tax break of up to $300 in addition to the standard deduction.
How You Can Help
- Become a Match Maker! You can take advantage of this opportunity by becoming a Match Maker by joining our monthly giving program.
- Your monthly support will help us to match Littles who are waiting to meet their new Big (work we are continuing to do through virtual match meetings!)
- If you join at the $35/month level beginning in April and through the end of the year, you will qualify for the full $300 tax break. Simply click here to sign up, and your donation will automatically charge to your credit or debit card on monthly.
- Or if you prefer, you can give a one-time gift of $300, or any amount, to become eligible for the deduction.
We can’t thank you enough for your support and hope you’ll choose to join our Match Maker community.
Together, We Are Defenders of Potential.
Wishing you health and hope,
The Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area Team