ENROLLMENT AND MATCH SPECIALIST
About the role:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area is on a mission to help children across nine counties in the Bay Area realize their true potential, one relationship at a time. Our evidence based approach has proven to be successful for over 100 years and we are in search of someone to fill our Enrollment and Match Specialist role on our Programs team.
This role is essential to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) brand, as the primary function is to ensure volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled into our program following the BBBS standards and are matched using a high degree of independent judgment and care. We refer to the relationship between a volunteer (Big) and a child (Little), a “match,” and the Enrollment and Match Specialist is responsible for creating strong and lasting relationships by matching potential Bigs and Littles based on preferences and qualifications, while keeping child safety as the top priority. The role of the Enrollment and Match Specialist is to ensure a safe, caring, and positive relationship is established in order to further our mission of igniting the potential of all youth.
- Assess volunteer fit to become a Big in the BBBS program by reviewing applications, conducting individual interviews, orientations, and handling any other enrollment related processes.
- Assess child/children fit to be a Little in the BBBS program by working with parents/guardians and child/children in interviews, child safety education, and any other enrollment related processes such as creating recommendations for alternative or additional services if needed.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Review and follow up on references as necessary to gain additional data to complete the assessment process.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer.
- Carefully review and consider all factors to create a successful and long lasting match relationship.
- Consult with other Enrollment team members or managers as needed.
- Identify, address, and resolve any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process.
- Assess and provide for individual training needs for each match participant to ensure positive youth development and experience for the child and volunteer.
- Once a match is successfully established, transition the match to Match Support Specialists through a warm hand off.
- Conduct volunteer and client reassessments/updates as needed.
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Ensure quality services and measurable outcomes, maintain accurate and timely records for each interview, assessment or other interaction with volunteers and/or families according to BBBS standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- Attend agency sponsored events as needed, such as summer match picnic, winter ice skating, annual gala and other match related events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have access to vehicle, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions
- Ability to relate well in multicultural environments
- Ability to effectively collaborate with parents/guardians, children, volunteers, and team members
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Value Diversity – Able to seek out and work effectively with others who have diverse perspectives, talents, backgrounds, and/or styles; contribute to a team climate in which differences are valued and supported
- Relationship development experience with child and adult populations
- Specific intake, interview, assessment, or case management experience
- Experience working in youth serving organizations and/or nonprofits
- Background in child development, family dynamics, or related field
- Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating.
- Bi-lingual Spanish
Reports to: Manager, Enrollment and Match Specialists
Number of People Supervised: 0
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Technology Stipend
- Hybrid workplace with flexible working
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSBA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you would be a terrific addition to our team. Please include Enrollment and Match Specialist in the subject line and email the resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.